Hair fall is a common problem faced by many people. There are many medications available in the market that claim to resolve this condition. However, did you know that the food you eat influences your hair fall? Read on to know more.
Hair fall is one of the most known hair health concerns. Many factors can affect your hair health. These factors range from your internal natural biological factors to lifestyle choices.
Hair fall could be because of many circumstances. It can be because of hormones, heredity, stress, lifestyle, and the food and nutrients you intake. Some of these factors could be controlled, while others can’t be controlled. If the hair fall continues it can result in hair thinning and even baldness.
The nutrient obtained from the food you consume can give your hair an innate strength. If you do not provide your body with the necessary nutrients, your hair health may suffer.
Proper nutrients can strengthen and improve your hair health to reduce hair fall. Certain nutrients significantly influence your hair health.
Following are a few nutrients that can help you tackle hair fall.
- As per some studies, vitamin A is found to be essential for hair growth.
- Regular meals with this vitamin should be taken to meet the body’s requirement for it.
- Excess intake of vitamin A can have adverse effects on your body.
- It is also known as biotin.
- Biotin is responsible for nourishing your hair. Thus, its deficiency can trigger hair loss.
- As the body fails to provide necessary oxygen to your hair due to lack of biotin, hair loss, and hair thinning can occur.
- Vitamin C can help in hair growth.
- It is found to assist collagen in strengthening and growing the hair strands.
- It is an antioxidant that the body requires for healthy hair growth.
- Lack of vitamin C can cause hair thinning and hair greying.
- Vitamin D is said to be effective for the growth of new hair follicles.
- The development of new hair follicles is essential to cover any bald spots present.
- In females, vitamin D deficiency triggers alopecia (hair loss pattern in females).
- Vitamin E is a fatty acid-rich vitamin required to strengthen and grow hair.
- Intake of vitamin E can help you avoid hair thinning and prevent baldness.
- One of the well-known natural sources of this vitamin is avocado.
- Iron aids the blood to deliver oxygen to the hair. Its deficiency significantly impacts hair health.
- Hair weakening and loss can be triggered by iron deficiency.
- One of the well-known natural sources of iron is spinach.
Omega – 3:
- Omega – 3 is a type of fatty acid.
- They promote hair growth and prevent hair loss.
- The rich source of omega – 3 fatty acids is fatty fish. You can opt for supplements as well.
One should ensure to include these nutrients into their diet to improve their hair health and keep it healthy for a longer period of time.