Recently, Deepika Padukone surprised many by appearing on the cover of Time Magazine. In this article, we will talk about all the Bollywood stars that have appeared on the covers of Time magazine. It is a proud moment for all the celebrities walking down the red carpet and making it a grand event.
One of the finest stars of Bollywood, Deepika Padukone, recently appeared on the covers of Time Magazine. Her fans were surprised by the sudden news. Deepika, with this appearance, joined the small list of Bollywood celebs that have appeared on the magazine cover. This list includes actors and beauty models turned actors.
Following is the list of Bollywood stars appearing on the magazine cover before Deepika Padukone.
- She graced her presence on the magazine cover in the year 1976. The Time magazine addition was called ‘Asia’s Frentic Film Scene’.
- Parveen Babi was the first actor that made an appearance on the cover of Time Magazine.
- She wore a black colored outfit with pearl embellishment on the front.
- The cover created controversy and faced angry reactions because of its ‘stereotypical’ representation of the Hindi film industry.
- Many film producers reacted negatively to the magazine as it viewed the work of others as not at par, except for Satyajit Ray.
- In 2003, Aishwarya Rai became the second Bollywood artist to grace the magazine covers.
- In the magazine, she was referred to as the new face of the film. She was also called the artist who was leading the growth of Bollywood at the global level.
- She said in the interview with the magazine that she was skeptical about the said role of her in the growth of Bollywood. But with the interview, she felt that it might be the case.
- The Bollywood actor made his appearance on the covers of Time magazine in the year 2004. In the magazine, he was called “India’s hottest idol is an everyday guy”.
- That year was special for the actor. He had given three back-to-back hit movies at the box office. These hits were ‘Main Hoon Na’, ‘Veer Zara’, and ‘Swadesh’.
- He was also mentioned on the list of ‘Asia’s heroes: 20 under 40’.
- Amir made two appearances on the covers of the magazine.
- In 2012, the actor made his first appearance on the Time magazine cover. It was called ‘Khan’s Quest’. In the magazine, he talked about the role of an entertainer and how they need to bring grace to society, and how they impact the way people think.
- In 2013, Amir graced his presence on the magazine cover for the second time. He was among the 100 most influential people in the world.
- In 2016, Priyanka Chopra appeared on the covers of Time magazine.
- Her co-star in Baywatch praised her and said that she had drive, ambition, and self-respect. He added that even though she is a global star and big star and as beautiful, it all gives her the quality of relatability.